Learned to BEND METAL !!!!!!!!!

Friday May 1 - Afternoon

I am so stoked!! Bruce from Dorkbots showed me how to use the finger brake to make a metal box! Evil cackle, rub hands with glee, I am now the master of the universe, bwahahaha! He's created a monster. This means that I can MAKE ROBOT BODIES really easily! Really nice ones. I am so stoked. I have been puzzling over the mysteries of sheet metal for many moons and along comes this really nice guy and not only shows me how to do it, but actually has the patience to actually stand around while I fumble through the entire process!! Wow! Thanks a zillion, Bruce, I owe 'ya. And thanks to Steamboat Ed and his freakin' fantabulous shop.

Here is the box I made.

Tools: Shear, notcher, Whitney punch, finger brake.

This is so awesome I am inclined to create a Instructable or something showing others how to achieve this miraculous result. Well, perhaps if I lie down for a while, the urge will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment